Looking for the best WordPress LMS plugins? LMS plugins help you create, manage, and sell online courses with ease. A learning management system (LMS) allows you to create and run online courses with WordPress.
In this article, we’ve listed the best WordPress LMS plugins for WordPress. This list might help you to choose the best one as per your needs. While these themes will work perfectly with any WordPress Themes related to educational websites.
Best WordPress LMS Plugins:
LearnDash is one of the most popular LMS plugins for WordPress. It is also easy to use LMS plugins with tons of features. It comes with drag and drops course builder that allows to easily create multi-level courses and lessons. It is a leader plugin in the e-learning industry. Furthermore, LearnDash lets you create customized courses that meet the needs of your subscribers. It also integrates beautifully with bbPress, WordPress eCommerce plugins, and WordPress membership plugins like memberPress.
Key Features of LearnDash:
- Compatible with most popular payment gateways
- Comes with powerful drag and drop page builders
- Create unlimited courses and lessons
- Send email notification
- Responsive supports from eLearning experts with extensive fortune 500 experience
Pricing: Starting from $159/ year for a single site
If you are looking for the free best WordPress LMS plugins, LearnPress is perfect for you. This is one of the best WordPress LMS plugins that can be used to easily create and sells online. Each course curriculum can be made with lessons and quizzes which can be managed with the easy to use user interface. It comes with a setup wizard to help you get started with basic things including currency selection and creation of important static pages.
- Provide a bunch of addons
- Integrated with WooCommerce and membership plugins
- Certificate for completing courses
- Allows for multiple instructors
- Communicate with your students
- Set requirements for a student to take a lesson with premium addon
Pricing: Free + Paid Addons and Support
Lifter LMS is another powerful online course builder software for WordPress sites. This plugin allows you to create multimedia quizzes for your students and set a maximum time limit to test their knowledge. Furthermore, Lifter LMS supports multi-tier courses with training modules, lessons, categories, etc. The plugin gives you the flexibility to create smaller courses of full-fledged degree programs. While this plugin also gives you a drag and drop course builder to help you structure your course content.
- Automated emailing
- Offer private coaching upsells
- Include multimedia content like video and audio
- Drip feed course content on a set schedule
- Sell courses on either a one time or subscription basis, including flexible bundles
Pricing: Free + Starting from $99/ year
WP Courseware is one of the oldest best WordPress LMS plugins. It is a drag and drops course creation tool for creating an online learning website easily. With its powerful quiz feature, you can create advanced quiz types, set timers, and set retake limits. The on-site demo is the closest thing you’ll get to a free trial. But it’s a beautiful design filled with actual course content to get your creativity flowing.
- Course completion certificates
- Offer free courses to a prospective customer
- You can run a multi-instructor system
- The quizzes offer multiple questions types and question tags
- Personalized emails sent automatically to students based on their activity
Pricing: Starting from $129/ year for 2 sites
Sensei is yet another powerful premium best WordPress LMS plugins website. It is also developed by the WooCommerce team, which gives it the backing of Automattic’s resources. Sensei is built around the intuitiveness of WordPress. So the beginner user shouldn’t have any problems making courses. Additionally, there are not many third-party integrations available. You can integrate Sensei with a membership plugin, but there is no addon for that.
- Displays random quizzes based on a bank of questions you set
- Drip feed content
- Quiz grading can be set to automatic or manual
- The extensions merge well with WooCommerce and WordPress
Pricing: Free + Starting from $129/ year
Tutor LMS – eLearning and online course solution
Tutor LMS is a completely feature-packed and robust WordPress LMS plugin. It is a completely free LMS plugin for WordPress. With premium high-quality add-ons that you can add to empower the core plugin. This plugin is lightweight with add-ons to enable certificates, e-mail notifications, shopping carts and much more. You can create, customize, manage, and sell online courses by building a functional e-learning website. Moreover, Tutor LMS comes with a revolutionary drag and drop system to create resourceful courses. It’s rich yet simple.
- Intuitive course builder
- User-friendly interface
- Unlimited Customization Options
- Advanced quiz creator
- Frontend course builder
- Withdrawal options
- Earning and commission allocation
Pricing: Starting from $149/ year for Single License
Namaste LMS is also one of the best WordPress LMS plugins. It lets you assign different user roles to work with the LMS and other roles that will manage it. You can download the core plugin for free and design a respectable online course. It allows you to create different rules for accessing courses after completing the prerequisite courses. Like other plugins, Namaste! LMS allows you to create unlimited courses, lessons, and assignments. You can also enable shopping carts for premium courses and connect with the WooCommerce or WP Simple Cart plugins.
- Provide award badges for completing specific tasks
- Publish the course descriptions on your site to encourage subscribing
- Use grade system to analyze the performance of each student
- Assign completion certificates
- Creating and editing a course works similar to making a standard WordPress post.
Pricing: Free + Starting from $47 / year
Masterstudy LMS is a powerful and feature-rich online education, course and best WordPress LMS plugins. While it lets you create awesome lessons with videos, graphs, slides, and pretty much anything you want. With Masterstudy LMS you can easily create, customize, and manage amazing online lessons. In addition, this plugin is free and can be used with any WordPress theme. Furthermore, in each lesson, there is a question module. Where students can instantly ger answers on their questions or go through lesson FAQ.
- Built-in course ratings
- Generate certifications for students who have completed the course
- Messaging and notification system
- The real-time countdown timer in the quiz
- Integration with PayPal and Stripe
- Recurring subscriptions for students
Pricing: Free + Starting from $39 / year
These above listed all the plugins are great for hosting online courses. These best WordPress LMS plugins are packed with powerful features and awesome support.
We hope this article helps you to find the best LMS plugins for WordPress websites. If you want to use these LMS plugins, you can check our collection of Free WordPress Themes for your website.